TRESTLE DINING TABLES - DINING TABLES
Trestle dining tables - Modern dining room table sets
Trestle Dining Tables
- The first dining tables of which survivors remain are the type known as refectory tables. They are made usually of oak, and one of the earliest, at Penshurst Place in Kent, has a typical thick top of joined planks supported on three separate trestles.
- a supporting tower used to support a bridge
- sawhorses used in pairs to support a horizontal tabletop
- The Trestle of a Post mill is the arrangement of the Main post, crosstrees and quarterbars that form the substructure of this type of windmill. It may or may not be surrounded by a roundhouse. Post mills without a roundhouse are known as Open Trestle Post Mills.
- Each of a pair of horizontal pieces on a sailing ship's lower mast supporting the topmast
- A framework consisting of a horizontal beam supported by two pairs of sloping legs, used in pairs to support a flat surface such as a tabletop
- An open cross-braced framework used to support an elevated structure such as a bridge
Trestle Table: Downloadable Woodworking Plan
The simple, clean lines of this table allow it to blend with country and contemporary settings. Wooden pins securely join the stretcher to the uprights for lasting durability and classic looks.
The top measures 36" wide by 72" long.
About WOOD Magazine downloadable plans
For error-free construction, each downloadable plan includes a bill of materials, a cutting diagram, a detailed supplies listing, and, when necessary, a mail-order buying guide for hard-to-find hardware.
For a clear idea of how our projects go together, each downloadable plan includes an exploded-view drawing with helpful details. All drawings are done professionally by the WOOD Magazine staff of woodworkers and illustrators.
Large color photos and step-by-step instructions show exactly how we built the project in the WOOD magazine shop. We build each project ourselves to work out any bugs before you ever get the plan.
Detail drawings and step-by-step illustrations provide necessary dimensions and machining processes you'll need to make the building process as straightforward as possible.
Note: This is a downloadable woodworking plan. All other materials must be purchased separately.
Oak Dining Trestle
Made in the 80's. Image from a dirty slide not poor housekeeping. I learned not to attach the top to the base and not allow for movement. Slight crack.
Trestle Base Dining Table. Cherry and Figured Maple
trestle dining tables
The Hillsdale Versailles Dining Table has a rich merlot finish and transitional styling for comfort, style and durability. It features a rectangular wood top with a trestle base and includes a twelve inch leaf for extension. Combine it with the Versailles Arm Chairs for a complete set. With a simple yet practical design, the Versailles Dining Table is the ideal central fixture for your kitchen or dining room. Features: Dining Table has a Merlot finish Rectangular shape Wood top Trestle base Includes 12" leaf extension Seats 4 (6 with leaf) Transitional style Casual dining Some assembly required Manufacturer limited 90-day warranty against manufacturing defects Specifications: Overall Dimensions: 30" H x 60" W (72" W with leaf) x 40" D Shipping Carton Dimensions: 7" H x 44.3" W x 63.6" D Weight: 126 lbs Recommended Care: Dust frequently using a clean, specially treated dusting cloth that will attract and hold dust particles Do not use liquid or abrasive cleaners as they may damage the finish
unique pub tables
contemporary end tables
glass tables tops
square coffee table with glass top
narrow dining room table
zebra wood coffee table
reclaimed barnwood coffee table
end table dark wood
modern wood dining tables
white round coffee tables