KITCHEN DROP LEAF TABLE : LEAF TABLE
KITCHEN DROP LEAF TABLE : DINING ROOM TABLE MATS.
Kitchen Drop Leaf Table
- A type of table having a hinged leaves that hang vertically when not in use, allowing for saved space. The leaves are supported by brackets, when raised, which enlarges the usuable surface of the tabletop.
- A hinged extension flap to a table, dropping vertically when not in use, which can be supported horizontally by a swing leg, a fly bracket or a loper. It's often made using a rule joint, but may be a butt.
- a room equipped for preparing meals
- A room or area where food is prepared and cooked
- A set of fixtures, cabinets, and appliances that are sold together and installed in such a room or area
- a piece of furniture having a smooth flat top that is usually supported by one or more vertical legs; "it was a sturdy table"
- a set of data arranged in rows and columns; "see table 1"
- postpone: hold back to a later time; "let's postpone the exam"
- Present formally for discussion or consideration at a meeting
- Postpone consideration of
Crosby House kitchen - Erie Canal Village
A section of the kitchen at the Crosby House at the Erie Canal Village. Now a little bit of history: By 1840, kitchens had become larger. The additional space made it easier and more comfortable to cook. Some chores previously done outside could now be done inside a kitchen such as this. The kitchen is well equipped with a cookstove. These stoves had a reservoir for hot water on the side. The stove required wood year round, which was stored in a woodbox next to the stove. Also located in the kitchen was a washing machine made of wood with metal and powered by hand. This was one of the many improvements in clothes washing technology made after the Civil War. Earlier families had to wash clothes by hand, perhaps using a metal tub and wash board. There is a drop leaf county style kitchen table dated between 1840 - 1860. Notice the old iron and how they used the drop leaf table to iron the clothing on. The Erie Canal Village is located on Routes 46/49, just west of Rome, NY.
Kitchen table/island/worktable is last yr's unfinished DIY project. Cut a few inches off legs of $30 1960's library table and added industrial wheels. Added 2 shelves under table for storage. Table is 3 inches high to function as dining table and to keep low open lines in open plan room. Sanded and stained Dark Walnut. Designed and added 10 inch drop down leaf with piano hinge and drop down hinges. Unfinished: drop-leaf still needs to be stained. I love this table when I see it empty and ready for any activity.
pictures of wooden tables
gloster teak table
rustic bench coffee table
buffet table for sale
round wooden kitchen table
kids wooden picnic table
pine log table
barley twist dining table
solid wood side tables